I love what I do, I meet some beautiful wonderful people and I love making them look glamorous. I also love growing hair long and beautiful! I just wanted to touch bases with everyone and give an overview of how my services work.
I work full time out of my home, which allows me to pick and choose who I’d like as clients. This ensures that both you and I are satisfied with the experience and develop a good relationship that fits our needs.
In order for that to happen, it’s best that a few key points be discussed.
1. Payment is due at the time of service. That means if I press, flat iron, curl, weave or braid your hair….be prepared to pay cash right after. No credit cards, checks or money orders or going to run to the ATM afterwards. If you don’t have the cash to pay in your purse or pocket when you arrive, please don’t waste my time sitting in the chair.
2. I don’t split appointments in half. When I do your hair it’s start to finish.
3. There’s no payment plans. Don’t ask to pay some now and the rest later.
4. My services are discounted already. There’s no bartering the price any lower.
5. If I feel the client/stylist relationship isn’t working, I will terminate it at any time without any notice. An example of some common reasons is lack of payment, combative/inappropriate behavior, demanding of favors, unhealthy hair/hygene conditions or late/missing appointments.
6. I make it very clear that I have four children in my FAQ page. For evening appointments, they are usually being put to bed by my oldest daughter when you arrive, and are already fed and ready for bed. If you don’t want to be bothered with children or the unpredictability of them being there…..don’t make an appointment. There’s plenty of stylists you can find in salons and on Craigslist that have no children and will even come to you.
7. It is my choice to take you on as a client. If you call and leave a message more than once, and I don’t call back, it’s probably because I feel I am not the stylist to fulfill your needs at this time.
8. This is a SAFE environment for both you and I. I will not tolerate threats or bullying. It’s a quiet, nice neighborhood with lots of neighbors near by. If I feel threatened or unsafe I will ask that you leave and or have you removed from my home (or remove you myself if it comes to that).
9. Appointments for the Holiday Season are PREPAY ONLY. And if you cancel your appointment, you are allowed to reschedule anytime my schedule permits.
10. If your hair is damaged, falling out, or you are suffering from alopecia, I have solutions, but you have to work with me. Keeping your hair healthy underneath while making the most natural look possible is my #1 goal. I don’t use glue at all.
11. Take out is NOT FREE. It will NEVER BE FREE.Take out is 45.00 under normal conditions. It you’ve worn a weave for 3, 4, 5+ months, and you’re terrified of what’s underneath that weave, I’m just as terrified as you are. If you keep a weave so long that it’s unsanitary, it’s tangled, matted, deadlocking, I’m not interested in taking it down for you. There’s no use in me explaining to you why not, cause if you think it’s okay to wear a Hair Helmet of Horrors for months on end, my reasons will just confuse you. The answer is No.
12. Just because you have my phone number, doesn’t make this an informational line. Calling me from the beauty supply with grease in your hand asking me the benefits of Argan Oil on African American hair is a no-no. I take two to four heads a day, and I have two toddlers. If you want to know something about hair when I’m not doing your hair? Google it. I am friendly, but we are not besties, and I cannot guide you through your hair journey as you call me four and five times a day asking for hair advice. That kind of concierge service is only reserved for my Mother.
13. Wanna know what’s the best hair to buy? I’ll always say http://www.weavemastershair.com, aka my hair. If you would like to purchase somewhere else, that’s fine, but I have no advice on who has good hair out there, just Google it.
14. Lastly, I don’t have hair at my home. I don’t keep hair at my house. So for every girl who is calling me, saying that her ‘boyfriend’ wants to come by my house to purchase hair for her, trust me……with hair places that have tight security being robbed everyday, why would I keep an amazing stock of weave hair in my house with my children? As big and scary and ARMED as I may be (because I have removed people from my home before) I’m not into electronics, my computer is falling apart and I refuse to get another until it dies and my TV is old. There’s no big score in my house. http://www.weavemastershair.com is a courtesy for my clients…….it’s how I get new ones. Of course the quality of the hair MUST be exceptional, my clients are like my family. But the hair isn’t shipped until you order it. Yes I know you’re an awesome person who would never rob me, but some people are just too crazy when you are doing business. There’s only one person that I would keep hair here for.
Thank you. -Love, Tam the Weavemaster
Business Line: 818-453-8912